Name:
Location: India

There is so much to me, and yet i have such a longlong way to go. I am still discovering myself...everyday i will tell u something more about me

Sunday, December 03, 2006

one full circle

today I gave my 5th kyu aikido test and
after the test, sensei told me
in front of all the students

"Anu, I'm very impressed seeing your rolls.
you roll fabulously now, in a full circle.
you should be very very proud of yourself
to be able to roll in this fashion."

I am beaming in joy and
a sense of accomplishment
many a bones I'd broken trying to learn to roll
many a fears I've overcome trying to embrace a fall

today I can fall like a beautiful flower and
I no more hold a fear of falling
today I know that its nice to be
up in the air
in the sky

but it is even more nice to dive
down towards the earth
it humbles you to take a fall
it enriches you
it empowers you
it makes you complete
the rise and the fall
together form one full circle
as sensei said.

4 Comments:

Blogger MikeDoe said...

5th heh!

Anu, I am both pleased and impressed. You've found a way to work with what you have to do what you want.

I've just started to do Judo and so once again I am wearing a white belt. But it is wonderful for me to be smashing into mats again!

10:32 PM, December 03, 2006  
Blogger anu said...

Absolutely Mike, there is nothing more thrilling for me than kissing the mats :)

Wow, Judo is wonderful. It is full of falls. Oh, waterfalls... Judo falls...I love them all. :)

Many hugs to you, Mike.

12:13 AM, December 04, 2006  
Blogger scruffysmileyface said...

Many congratulations to you, Anu! 5th kyu! You should be very proud. To excel regardless of the world's diversities, this is what the martial arts are about, and you are a shining example of a great martial artist.

When I was a 9th kyu, there was another 9th kyu whose falls weren't good. I took to them immediately, but she had to work at them. Like you, she kept at them and she worked very hard, sometimes hurting herself a little, and sometimes being very frustrated. But now she's a 1st kyu, and her falls are among the best in the class. She's expected to be our next Black Belt, and she regularly is called upon to help teach the new students about falling.

My point is that she has become much better than me, because she had to work so much harder than I did. It's an honor to know people like her, and like you.

~scruff

8:58 AM, December 04, 2006  
Blogger Matt Kohai said...

Congrats on your new belt, and your newfound love of ukemi.

11:39 AM, December 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home