Name:
Location: India

There is so much to me, and yet i have such a longlong way to go. I am still discovering myself...everyday i will tell u something more about me

Thursday, November 30, 2006

a new friend

as I was leaving the hospital today,
I was laughing and joking
with the nurses and technicians
suddenly I felt something,
I turned around

curly hairs, light brown skin
eyes are dark black and lovely too
but this little girl of 7 is slightly different
she has a catheter in her neck and
her bright eyes are whispering little words to me

I saw this little girl staring at me
something about her big beautiful round eyes
and her curly locks, I was falling in love
I smiled and waved out to her
her silent big eyes suddenly brightened and
she waved back
smiling the sweetest smile I've ever seen

she is Nimisha, and on dialysis
she does not talk or smile to anyone
perhaps in my eyes she saw no sympathy
but a precious glee and delight for her
maybe she saw another 7yr old little girl in me
this is going to be the begining of
a wondrous friendship and
I'm so excited about my new friend

7 Comments:

Anonymous amrit said...

:)

10:02 PM, December 02, 2006  
Blogger MikeDoe said...

:-)

A few weeks ago I was walking down my street and there was a 5 year-old kid standing by his dad and a car.

As I was walking down the street this little boy stared at me intentely and then said to his dad in wonder "Look daddy, it's a boy!"

The dad looked at me and gave a sorry kind of "kids huh" smile.
The boy saw more clearly than the father...

10:25 PM, December 02, 2006  
Blogger e.e. said...

:-)

10:30 AM, December 03, 2006  
Blogger anu said...

amrit - :)thank you for your sweet smiles, amrit

Mike - what a lovely little story! Please post this on your blog.

I wonder how you look, Mike. Perhaps you look so young and sweet like a little boy, hence the kid recognised you ;)

darling, e.e hugs :)

3:36 PM, December 03, 2006  
Blogger Keshi said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:20 AM, January 03, 2007  
Blogger Lyrically speaking said...

This is so touching...

12:56 AM, January 05, 2007  
Blogger Arti Honrao said...

Touching!

perhaps in my eyes she saw no sympathy
but a precious glee and delight for her

These two lines say so much!



GBU
Arti

5:38 PM, May 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home