Name:
Location: India

There is so much to me, and yet i have such a longlong way to go. I am still discovering myself...everyday i will tell u something more about me

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

the newspaper delivery boy

in pouring rains
at around 7 am everyday
arrives at my doorstep
a teenage boy
with clothes totally drenched
wearing an old brown windcheater
and a black plastic hat

he is the newspaper delivery boy
and he drops the daily paper
’The Times Of India’
through the grills of my door

though the boy is always dripping wet
his papers feel so warm to touch
neatly folded, crisp and dry
scented with the morning dust
and smelling of freshly printed words

I run to open the door daily,
not to read the paper,
but to merely feel the warmth
and the crispiness of it in my hands
and to smell the sweet flavor
emanating from it

6 Comments:

Blogger The Beast said...

I guess all of us get our own rewards to rush to the newspaper ;-)

12:04 PM, September 07, 2006  
Blogger anu said...

yes Mr B.:)Infact, there are rewards for every single action..just that we don't count all our blessings. If only we did, we would be so so so glad :)

10:18 PM, September 07, 2006  
Blogger the bare frame said...

ah, the lucky boy... he gets to look you in the eye and receive your smile.

10:44 AM, September 14, 2006  
Blogger anu said...

or maybe lucky me that I get to see that little boy half way through his work-day when everyone else has just woken up from sleep and are relaxing with a cup of coffee:)

11:27 PM, September 14, 2006  
Blogger the bare frame said...

ah, no... you see, in that way i am still a boy, and know well the elation when beauty smiles into my eyes...

it's likely that his heart is in his throat as he approaches your door, and after he leaves his pulse hammers for half an hour....

10:47 AM, September 15, 2006  
Blogger anu said...

LOL! Mr Frame..I'm certainly not a pretty sight to see then with my long hairs all over my face and me in my over-sized orange cotton night dress gliding towards the door.

OH yes! probably out of shock his pulse may be hammerring LOL! Hahahahaa I can't stop laughing imagining this..hahahhaa

12:37 AM, September 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home