Name:
Location: India

There is so much to me, and yet i have such a longlong way to go. I am still discovering myself...everyday i will tell u something more about me

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

the maid named Anu

there is a maid in my office,
who keeps the 4th floor rest room clean
she is about 25 yrs young
and her name is also Anu

she is very thin and dark
looks almost undernourished
her black curly hair oiled
and always tied into a tight bun

her husband died when she was 22 yrs
and she has a 3 yr old son who adores her
she goes about her day so cheerfully
and has the most vibrant smile of all

for reasons I don’t know,
this Anu absolutely adores me
she waits eagerly to greet me daily
and my presence lights up her days
she talks about me to all her friends
and misses me dearly when I’m not around

today I gave her a big chocolate bar
and she told me how much she loves me
sometimes the simplest of the people
present us with the loveliest of the affections

9 Comments:

Blogger ozymandiaz said...

Perhaps she recognizes in you the gift of humanity thats seems lacking in so many humans.

9:14 PM, September 12, 2006  
Blogger The Beast said...

Interesting indeed... especially your last sentence.

10:44 PM, September 12, 2006  
Blogger anu said...

And I see so much simplicity and affection in her, she appears stunningly beautiful to me, Ozy :)

Thank you B:)

8:18 AM, September 13, 2006  
Blogger Vikas said...

HEY anu when one finds trust and care from you which makes that person happy with ur presence.


People will forget what you said.
People will forget what you did.

But people will never forget,
how you made them feel.


Be the way ur anu.never change >:D<

2:39 PM, September 13, 2006  
Blogger scruffysmileyface said...

You can tell her that you have friends who love both Anu's...

;)

6:30 PM, September 13, 2006  
Anonymous amrit said...

anu has heart of GOLD & SUGAR :)

8:50 PM, September 13, 2006  
Blogger anu said...

Nice quote, Vikas. Thanks.

How sweet is that, thanks scruff. I'll tell her that today :)

So does everyone else, amrit.

8:38 AM, September 14, 2006  
Blogger rama said...

Its not a coincidence Anu, that this connection was made, with a name-sake. I have no doubt you and your friend are on a profound journey together! Best, rama

1:59 PM, September 14, 2006  
Blogger anu said...

She is lovely isn't she?

I am so glad that she gifts me her affections. Thank you Rama :)

11:35 PM, September 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home