Name:
Location: India

There is so much to me, and yet i have such a longlong way to go. I am still discovering myself...everyday i will tell u something more about me

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

the laughing blob of soap

yesterday while taking bath
my big round sandalwood soap
slipped from my hands and
fell on the pink bathroom tiles

the soap was wet and soft
and it fell like a blob
becoming a bit flat
and stuck to the tiles

the round blob of soap
looked so cute and funny
that I burst out laughing
without picking it up

something so wonderful
about its sense of humor
that I can’t stop smiling
even as I type this poem

5 Comments:

Blogger the bare frame said...

that smile is contagious... it travels around the world to all of us, too!

xo

10:39 AM, September 14, 2006  
Blogger rama said...

Hullo Anu, I just discovered your blog - througgh your comment on Dr Alistair's blog, over a year ago! You had asked him about meditation and so on. Reading that, I thought you might consider taking one of the 10-day Vipassana meditation courses / retreats.

I look forward to going through your blogs.

Best
rama

1:57 PM, September 14, 2006  
Blogger ozymandiaz said...

Be careful, soap is a prankster and was probably smiling in anticipation of some misshap to befall you like slipping on the suds and busting your butt or hitting your head while bending over to pick it up...
Yup, soap is a big fan of physical comedy.

9:29 PM, September 14, 2006  
Blogger anu said...

right now it has travelled from you back to me Mr Frame:)

Thank you Rama for the Vipassana link. By now you may be knowing, the probable issue in going there for 10-days. Thanks so much for your comments, Rama.:)

Goodness, Ozy I cannot stop laughing here. You're so so so so cute :)) Huuuuuugs

11:24 PM, September 14, 2006  
Blogger The Beast said...

lol Oz...

Reminds me the time when I dropped the soap in my dorms shower. I was so afraid to pick it up.

... and finally I didn't. Do you want to know why ;-)

12:50 AM, September 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home