Name:
Location: India

There is so much to me, and yet i have such a longlong way to go. I am still discovering myself...everyday i will tell u something more about me

Thursday, September 07, 2006

being stalked

today on my way to work,
I kept glancing to my right side and left side
observing the proud trees and the joyful green grass
and suddenly I felt like I'm being watched

as I turned my head,
I saw a lemonish yellow butterfly
sneaking away stealthily
right in front of my rickshaw

then as I crossed the lake,
there he was, again rushing past me
and this time, taking a nice look at my face

and when I was on the highway
I saw him again, smiling and waving out to me
as he flew right in front of me once again

by now I was having this mischievous smile
on my face and my big beautiful eyeballs
were dancing all over wondering from where
this naughty lemonish yellow butterfly will appear now!

You have so distracted me
my darling lemonish yellow butterfly
I love how you steal naughty looks of me
while I'm looking elsewhere

such a tiny precious being you are,
yet you arouse so much excitement in me
We'll meet again, I am sure,
when the sun shines brightly
just you and me
in the deep dark woods…

17 Comments:

Blogger The Beast said...

Perhaps you didn't listen to him.

He was trying ask you for a date ;-)

11:58 PM, September 07, 2006  
Blogger anu said...

I see :-)

12:02 AM, September 08, 2006  
Blogger openeyes said...

what a wonderful poem

5:45 AM, September 08, 2006  
Blogger anu said...

:) Isn't it? I wonder if I will meet him today..

8:19 AM, September 08, 2006  
Blogger The Beast said...

You better because he ain't going to live long.

9:21 AM, September 08, 2006  
Blogger Vikas said...

The Butterfly


As love falls down from the sky,
It lands on the wings of a butterfly.
The butterfly sings it's songs and rhymes,
And flies through the air, No concept of time.
It is the messenger of patience and change,
From flower to flower, it's odd and it's strange.
The butterfly can transform it's world.
And give way to new beginnings, unfurled,
It is the keeper of transformation,
And flies on faith and imagination.
The butterfly as no fear of change,
It bravely escapes it's homemade cage.
To change, it knows is necessary,
For all the burdens we need not carry.
The butterfly soars, and merrily sings,
For, without change, it could never grow wings.



this is for u my butterfly

12:33 PM, September 08, 2006  
Blogger Vikas said...

HEY he is longing to hug u....

12:39 PM, September 08, 2006  
Blogger anu said...

What a lovely poem, Vikas. And how beautifully you've described the butterfly. Thank you so much:)

Probably ;)@hugs

10:35 PM, September 08, 2006  
Blogger ozymandiaz said...

‘Tis better
Said I
To be stalked
By butterflies
Than by dragons
With fiery breath
As butterflies
Seldom cause death
(with the exception of the butterfly in Africa that flaps its wink kicking up a speck of dust that makes a lion sneeze which causes a Gazelle to run which causes a stampede of Wildebeests who's cloud of dust drifts out over the sea and creates a hurricane that makes way to the states and kills my fellow Floridians...)

12:17 AM, September 09, 2006  
Blogger The Beast said...

lmfao oz.

2:15 AM, September 09, 2006  
Blogger NYC TAXI SHOTS said...

that was me anu

3:54 AM, September 09, 2006  
Blogger anu said...

LOL Ozy! Early morning and I can't stop laughing here :))Kisses to you.

Ahh now I know, J ;)

8:10 AM, September 09, 2006  
Blogger Vikas said...

hey anu new post is waiting for ur comment

6:48 PM, September 09, 2006  
Anonymous wdky said...

Anu, that brought a HUGE smile to my face. Thank you.

8:39 PM, September 09, 2006  
Blogger anu said...

Thank you for your invite, Vikas. I'll check it out right away :)

How lovely..I'm so glad for 'your' smile brightens up my 'day' even more, wdky :)

9:51 PM, September 09, 2006  
Blogger _Soulless_ said...

To be stalked by such fragile beauty... Ahh, now there's a lovely piece to brighten up my mood. ^_^ Thank you for sharing this.

Cheers.

5:44 PM, September 12, 2006  
Blogger anu said...

Such a soulful comment..thank you soulless ;)

8:17 AM, September 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home