Name:
Location: India

There is so much to me, and yet i have such a longlong way to go. I am still discovering myself...everyday i will tell u something more about me

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

the school girl

in the pouring rains,
stands a seven year old little girl
in her brown uniform
on the pavement
with an umbrella

she has a huge bag of books
on her back
and her big black eyes are
eagerly searching for the school bus

seeing the excitement in her eyes
i smile, as i see her
holding her umbrella tightly
to prevent the winds from blowing it away

my smile fades away
as my gaze reaches
the end of her arms and i see,
she has no palms
and no fingers

i look up into her eyes again,
they are not sorry!

6 Comments:

Blogger ozymandiaz said...

Oh, the disadvantage we see
Empathy swells the heart
A life relegated to discomfort and alienation
So much of life is in the hands
The touching
The feeling
The communicating
The holding of a tear
Or a baby's laughing face
None of that will ever be known to her
Such loss
But who's?
Hers?
Or ours?
We will never know the way she experiences the world.

6:27 PM, July 05, 2006  
Blogger anu said...

Amazing, Ozy..

"Such loss
But who's?
Hers?
Or ours?
We will never know the way she experiences the world.."

What would i do without your comments, Ozy!

8:18 PM, July 05, 2006  
Blogger Mumbai Guy said...

One more poetess. I feel so left out. How do you guys dish out these ryming lines for every occasion?

Great. I feel so peotic-challenged.

8:14 AM, July 07, 2006  
Blogger anu said...

Mumbai guy, no big deal! I wonder if this even qualifies as a poem.

These are merely things i see everyday on my way to work, which touch me.

8:19 PM, July 07, 2006  
Blogger WDKY said...

Just another example of how little we know of what goes on inside, Anu, which is what matters anyway... I love to observe through your eyes.

Ozy, I just had a look at Paper Tiger - it's marvellous. Well done.

1:22 PM, July 08, 2006  
Blogger anu said...

Thank you for the little things you say, wdky. They make my day :)

2:37 PM, July 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home