Name:
Location: India

There is so much to me, and yet i have such a longlong way to go. I am still discovering myself...everyday i will tell u something more about me

Saturday, July 15, 2006

blasting of the soul

Peak evening hours
6 million people traveling home from work
Seven bombs on seven different trains
hundreds dead and thousands injured,
crippled and handicapped for life

I sit numb here, thinking about
the factory worker who has lost his arms,
the promo editor who has lost his eyes,
the cricket player who has lost his legs,
the pregnant woman who has had an abortion,
the college girl who has a disfigured face now….

I’m terrified to even imagine
myself without an eye or a limb or a disfigured face
Yet, I’m not feeling ‘Thank God, it was not ME’
Because this feeling itself is born out of
fear of a probability of loss and great pain

There is something in between here to notice
I wonder if there is a forest fire
whether the trees which do not get burnt to ashes
feel like how I do, right now.
Do they thank the heavens that they escaped?
Do they congratulate themselves that they did not create that reality?
or Do they know deep inside that, in the end, it is OK to be burnt as much as to be alive!

7 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

That is why they call it terrorism, honey.
It is their fault that you feel guilt.
I am just glad that you are fine.

5:50 AM, July 16, 2006  
Blogger Mumbai Guy said...

This blog written on July 17, Monday? Whoa..did I go back in time or did you go inside the time-machine?

7:46 AM, July 16, 2006  
Blogger Mumbai Guy said...

"Monday, July 17, 2006
blasting of the soul

Peak evening hours
6 million people traveling home from work"

cut-n-paste of what time I see.

7:48 AM, July 16, 2006  
Anonymous The Beast said...

I guess they do. But sooner or later they will realize how wrong they were.

1:21 PM, July 16, 2006  
Blogger NYC TAXI SHOTS said...

whats wrong with the human race

7:07 AM, July 17, 2006  
Blogger ozymandiaz said...

Sweet wonderful Anu. May the winds ever sweep that forest fire away from you. The ash of a tree burnt is remorse manifest.
The question begs, though,
What is the struggle of a tree
To the struggle of a forest?

5:55 PM, July 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Very Nice! Check out this website I found where you can make extra cash.
It's not available everywhere, so go to the site to see if you can find something. I found something and make
and extra $900 a month!

http://www.degree-programs-online.info/extramoney.htm

9:35 PM, July 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home