Name:
Location: India

There is so much to me, and yet i have such a longlong way to go. I am still discovering myself...everyday i will tell u something more about me

Monday, June 05, 2006

something wonderful and magical

Due to heavy rains in Mumbai on May 31, 2006, I had lost my net connection so was unable to post.
My apologies! I missed you all very much. Thank you for being my family. Kisses and Hugs.


last Wednesday we had the first showers and it rained the whole day
the regular rick guy did not turn up
the other rick I caught, took me through a wrong route
soon I've been traveling for two hours now,
and totally stuck in traffic jam

I decided to leave the rick and walk down
with my bandaged toe (due to a fracture)
wearing slippers, which kept coming off my feet
with no umbrella and my cotton dress totally drenched

there was so much water on this road
most people were walking on the side walk
but I could not get there becoz of the water
so I was the only one walking on the divider

suddenly the street lights went out and I could see nothing
for a few moments I was in tears,
just standing there alone on the divider,
with vehicles on either side

Standing there alone,
I remembered all the things I've been learning
I remembered that `I live in a safe universe and I am loved'
I reminded myself that I have this opportunity to practice what I learnt
and finally I `managed' a smile in the darkness and told myself
'something wonderful and magical is just about to happen to me'

I kept walking repeating this to myself,
even as people pushed at me
even as the desperate public fought amongst themselves for an empty rick
even as I almost lost my rubber slippers
even as my toe bandage came off and was floating in the water now

I had reached a signal and by now,
I was the only one walking on the divider
I thought I'll cross the road
and tried to wriggle my way out through the jungle of vehicles

just then a rick from somewhere was speeding towards me,
as he slammed the brakes, I looked up at him and saw,
he had no passengers and I asked him `will you drop me home?'
he gladly agreed and as we rode,
the roads were unbelievably clear, no traffic jams at all
and the water seemed to have evaporated into thin air

Long after I've reached home and changed into something dry and comfortable,
I thought - even as there were thousands of others, taller, stronger, faster than me,
it required me to just keep walking and believing that
`something wonderful and magical is just about to happen to me'
for creating a different reality for myself!

9 Comments:

Blogger ozymandiaz said...

Anu, glad you are back, missed ya bunches. You must have been quite the vision walking the narrow path between extremes, the world inundated with torents of struggling hearts battling each other and crying in the rain. Glad you met a sparrow...

1:29 AM, June 06, 2006  
Blogger anu said...

I'm so happy to be back Ozy. In a world where I can be all that I want. Thanks for your sweet poetic words :)Missed you too

7:39 AM, June 06, 2006  
Blogger WDKY said...

I really missed you, Anu, and was a little worried about you.

I bet the rains are beaitiful, though.

3:14 PM, June 06, 2006  
Blogger Dave said...

It is when you place your intention on outcome with a soul full of belief and you get yourself into a higher place is when you are able to manifest. It seems as if you went there on this rainy day and you created a happening. Thank You for sharing this with us. And yes, welcome back.

1:40 AM, June 07, 2006  
Blogger anu said...

wdky - Thank you for your sweet missings and kind concern, wdky. I am feeling so loved. The rains are so beautiful,wdky, i'm dying to write how the little water drops feel on my body.

Dave - So lovelily you said it Dave. "A soul full of belief" - never heard of something more empowering. Thank you.

7:22 AM, June 07, 2006  
Blogger Manish Bhatt said...

Now that you can work miracles, I welcome you to the secret order of the Magifolk.

2:20 PM, June 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

12:31 AM, June 10, 2006  
Blogger anu said...

LOL okay M, thanks for the invitation, so where shall we meet?

Anony - oh alright. Though i dont understand how. Becoz I am writing my feelings which may have nothing to do with you or anyone else.

9:39 AM, June 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

9:04 AM, July 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home