Name:
Location: India

There is so much to me, and yet i have such a longlong way to go. I am still discovering myself...everyday i will tell u something more about me

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

the toll boy

at the base of the hill
a little teenage boy stands in his blue coat
collecting toll for entry

daily i just pay, collect my ticket
and i'm off on my way

today i looked into the eyes of the toll boy
as i paid him rupees seven
dark face, black hair and sparkling eyes he had
a slight smile broke out of my face
as i felt a strange connection with him

almost immediately, he gave me such a HUGE WIDE grin
i felt great warmth and affection in that moment
i felt love flowing into me as he eagerly handed me my green ticket
and said "thank you madam. have a nice day"

i've not stopped smiling since then

8 Comments:

Blogger ozymandiaz said...

The reward of contact. It is a gamble to open a door. Always we learn something but often the lesson can be very tough. I'm glad that this time, when the door was pulled wide, sunshine poured in the room.

6:32 PM, May 09, 2006  
Blogger anu said...

True it is a gamble to open the door. But it does not cost me anything if someone does not smile back. I'll just feel for a second and move on and smile bigger and wider at the next person.

But you know what? I love smiling at strangers with whom i feel a conenction. I find that exotic :-)

12:24 AM, May 10, 2006  
Blogger Matt Kohai said...

Smiles are free, but worth so much to the recipients. Only hugs are worth more, in my book... Give away all your smiles, you'll never run out - they just breed like rabbits!

Have a good day, Anu! ;-)

9:45 AM, May 10, 2006  
Blogger NYC TAXI SHOTS said...

i'll bet the toll boy hasn't stopped smiling yet either

1:40 PM, May 10, 2006  
Blogger Johnny Newt said...

a lovely account of oneness, now I'm smiling as well.

8:24 PM, May 10, 2006  
Blogger anu said...

Thanks Kohai, i'll love to give away all my smiles as i have so many millions of them more in my pocket ;-)Hav a nice day yourself.

J - you'r so right! he was grining so sweetly today and he ran to give me the ticket even though i was way behind in the queue :-)

Johnny - so nicely you've described it King Magnus. You've made me smile :-) now, lets start it all over again..

10:54 PM, May 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

12:30 AM, June 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

9:04 AM, July 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home