Name:
Location: India

There is so much to me, and yet i have such a longlong way to go. I am still discovering myself...everyday i will tell u something more about me

Thursday, February 16, 2006

tree-meditation

a little loney since v-day
feeling the sadness
of being alone,
while returning from work yesterday,
i saw...trees

huge trees standing solitary
something about the them
totally amazed me

standing all alone
but no sadness in them
not even a tinge

a quiet joy surrounding them
a sense of calm, a profound silence
as if they were so okay to be alone

towering over shrubs and grass
so majestically the tree stands
with self respect and love
totally centered in themselves

spreading their branches and leaves
deep bright eyes watch me
as i pass them smiling at me

i could feel the essence of
being a tree
standing alone in a state of bliss
such grace and elegance
so contagious
turned my sadness into a quiet joy
of being on my own...

9 Comments:

Anonymous J said...

BUT THEY REALLY AREN T ALONE TAKE A CLOSER LOOK

2:12 PM, February 16, 2006  
Anonymous squirrel said...

i live in the tree

4:26 PM, February 16, 2006  
Anonymous bird said...

so do i

4:27 PM, February 16, 2006  
Blogger ozymandiaz said...

So true, as no living thing is alone. There is the sun offering the energy to grow. There is the ground giving strength and a base to live. There is the water to fill. There are countless spirits that inhabit the aura, tiny voices and whispers carried on the wind...you but have to listen. Yes the tree is solitary as the island, but as the island a home for others. You are never alone, Anu, you but have to see the other trees, even if they are beyond the horizon, their branches are stretched outward reaching for you...

7:16 PM, February 16, 2006  
Blogger Beth said...

anu, this is so beautiful. especially how you transformed your sadness into joy. i love trees. every once in awhile i hug a tree and feel their energy.

2:12 AM, February 17, 2006  
Anonymous Amrit said...

That was really a masterpiece when book coming i m waiting anu seriously
takecare

3:09 AM, February 17, 2006  
Blogger Yemanja said...

(Smiling)

I am alone for the first time in 13 years and it is a joy for me. I am my own person, with my own space and true independence. I am taking things one day at a time, with no great expectations and no regrets... This is a lovely poem Anu. Brava!

Y :-)

7:07 AM, February 17, 2006  
Blogger anu said...

Such precious comments. I value every one of them. Thank you all so much, for sending me your energy, your love and your support.

Your lovely words encourage me to go inside and dig my strength out of me. To dive into my own soul and heart for solace and peace.

Thank you for inspiring me.

7:25 AM, February 17, 2006  
Blogger michelle bloom said...

i once fell in love with an olive tree
, not a sexual romance of course, just a sentimental one, i would sit by that tree for hours and feel safe, alive, energized...sending you light in the lonliness that we both share :)

1:44 PM, February 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home