Name:
Location: India

There is so much to me, and yet i have such a longlong way to go. I am still discovering myself...everyday i will tell u something more about me

Thursday, February 02, 2006

the tie

My doctor comes every dialysis to take rounds. He used to be very rude to me, long ago. Because i was always asking him countless questions and not ready to be a puppet in his hands. Eventually, something changed, and our relationship improved. Since the last one year, he loves me. He lets me take all the decisions pertaining to my health. Somehow, he has developed trust in me. He treats me like one of his daughters. He even let me reduce my dialysis from 3 times a week to 2 long ago, without making any fuss. The reason i reduced my dialysis was to have my weekends free to do whatever. Normally, patients don't dare to ask him these questions, as he can be very dominating and controlling.

But now, our equation has changed. Today he came to me saying, "anu, my darling how are you doing." I said, "coudnt be better". He said "so, can you point out the difference in me today?" As he said this, like a kid, he kept looking at his tie. I realised, probably, this must be the same tie i gifted him, when i was discharged from the hospital for the first time, after the diagnosis of a Chronic renal failure.

I said, "oh wow, isnt this the same tie i gifted you doc?". Doc was giggling like a kid and had this huge grin on his face and told me, "anu, today morning i was thinking of you. I then realised, it was thusday today, and you will be coming for dialysis. So, i wore the tie you gifted me. Dosen't this look good on me? Its a good tie. I am really fond of it."

5 Comments:

Blogger MikeDoe said...

This is a beautiful story.

I have been reading your posts for a while now and I have seen a real richness growing in the way that you live your life.

11:54 PM, February 02, 2006  
Blogger greenbean said...

Dear Anu, Thank you once again for sharing your daily experiences with us.It's good to have a rapport with your own doctor.It's very helpful, very therapeutic and very enriching.You're a very brave lady and I hope and pray that you'll recover as soon as possible.You're great my dear Anu.Keep up that mega smile and move on with that fiery passion for life.Take care.Love and hugs;-)

8:26 AM, February 03, 2006  
Blogger Beth said...

anu: your posts have been so beautiful lately. i echo what johndoe said. you are living a rich and beautiful life. i'm thankful to be able to share in it from halfway around the world!

8:44 AM, February 03, 2006  
Blogger Nina said...

A lovely story, made me smile :)

love,
nina

7:58 PM, February 03, 2006  
Blogger WDKY said...

I love that story. I have a feeling you make a lot of peope smile, Anu.

5:50 AM, February 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home