Name:
Location: India

There is so much to me, and yet i have such a longlong way to go. I am still discovering myself...everyday i will tell u something more about me

Saturday, February 18, 2006

the interview result

Michael thanks for asking, my interview was good. But three strange things happened.

1. The interviewer (boss to-be) was thrown by me and he felt i was over confident, to the verge of being arrogant. I took this as a compliment though, how lovely to sound over confident in an interview.He asked me numerous questions and i answered them all very well. At the end he told me i had no banking experience. I said yup i dont, so? Then he asked me how much time i will take to learn it. I told him a month. He said how will i learn it, he wont teach me. I said: oh it is just a click of button away on the net. This man lost his head and told me: you are so overconfident. Even after 25yrs of banking experience, i tremble when anyone asks me and you say you can master it with a click of button. i have never seen an arrogant candidate as you. I chuckled. I was never called 'over' confident. So this was news to me, mm i love this word.

2. I could not connect to the boss to be. He was a strange bald middle aged man with a firm face who barely smiled and frowned a lot. He had no clue as to how to handle me, a bubly chirpy straightforward outspoken character. I entered in his cabin saying "Hello Mr X, how are you doing today?" And he stared at me as if i had asked him 'how long was his dick?' He kept staring at my clothes weirdly. Though this was one of the biggest high profile multinational bank, they seemed extremely conservative.

3. My ex-boss in my previous company called up some top level guys of the bank and found out that the CEO of that bank uses foul language. And they are extremely aggressive and push their employees around and they ultimately end up having no personal life. So that was a big minus rating according to me.

Strangely, and suddenly, i began to value my company for what it is. Here we can wear anything we want and there is a sense of liberty. I have no fear. I saw fear in the eyes of the boss to-be and the people there, despite the fact that they earned 20times more than me.

They have not called back and if they do, i wont get into that mess. I will find the right place and the right people i want to spend 8-10 hours of my day. The day i find them, i will know it is time to move. So if i am called by them, i am going to let go for 21/2 times increase in my pay for some priceless peace of mind.

6 Comments:

Blogger Amrit said...

BEST OF LUCK
they r going to call u

hmmm even if they wont call u back they will really miss something

" i am going to let go for 21/2 times increase in my pay for some priceless peace of mind."

anu wow such positive minded anu i m ur pankha..
take care

11:45 PM, February 18, 2006  
Anonymous ab said...

hi anu .my name is ashutosh.i was looking for someone ...a dearest friend of mine and i found ur blog today.

ashutosh_bnrg@yahoo.co.in

tc

3:55 AM, February 19, 2006  
Blogger April said...

men are always scared of women who can do their jobs better than they can. they never change.

5:14 AM, February 19, 2006  
Anonymous j said...

april i am glad you are so judgemental

7:59 AM, February 19, 2006  
Anonymous j,the squirrel and the bird said...

i think it is great to be confident but i always warn people about being over confident

10:38 AM, February 19, 2006  
Blogger Michael said...

Hi Anu,

Yes, it sounds as if you wouldn't be happy at the bank. I hope you enjoy whatever decision you make, because it'll be the right decision! :)

11:09 PM, February 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home