Name:
Location: India

There is so much to me, and yet i have such a longlong way to go. I am still discovering myself...everyday i will tell u something more about me

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

long day ahead

I have a long long day ahead. Just leaving for work. I have to start working on modelling the business intelligence reports. Then probably work on three departments simultaneously. My boss is going on leave so he wants me to complete everything so that we can present to the CFO. I was grumbling initially thinking about the super tight deadlines i have been given. But now ...

I dont want to analyse and bitch about my boss saying he is making me work harder. I want to be grateful that i have work to do. And i find my work really interesting. It involves a lot of thought and enormous effort. But there is a great value-addition at the end of it - which is the learning.

I have always wanted my work to be revolutionary. Now i have one. But it will probably require me to put in tremendous effort and lots of time. I dont want to crib and whine. I want to be proactive and work hard towards meeting the difficult deadlines.

I am not going to look at all the people who take it easy today and are in a vacation mood as Christmas is approaching. I am going to plan my work and work my plan.

I need to do this for my sake. I need to work as if this is my last day to complete my assignments.
I want to get that 'class' in my work. My aura. My energy should be in my reports.
I dont want to call it 'work' anymore... I want to utilise my next 8 hours in the best possible way at office today.
I want to put in 110%, just becoz that is the way it should be...i cannot give anything but the best.

6 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

wow!!! i'm sure you will perform brilliantly at any task you undertake. everyone should have this attitude. what a way to approach a work day.

8:39 AM, December 13, 2005  
Blogger greenbean said...

Excellent attitude Anu.May you complete your work day blissfully,mindfully and with full contentment. Sadhu;-lol...Deep Bows.

8:58 AM, December 13, 2005  
Blogger Lone Wolf said...

Great attitude Anu. Once again you have me admiring another one of your qualites. Now if I could only find a job that inspires me as much as yours does you. Though I suppose it would be good to have such a motivation of yours no matter what work the task. Best Wishes.

1:41 PM, December 13, 2005  
Blogger madhavan said...

i usually put about 10% in my work and use the other 90% trying to figure out how to put the other 90% to good use. it's hard wasted work this, but i am not giving up...

2:02 PM, December 13, 2005  
Blogger passion said...

Put in 110%... I admire you for that; I would like myself to be like that in all pursuits. You are an inspiration Anu! Hope you complete your work handsomely and with great contentment!

2:04 PM, December 13, 2005  
Blogger anu said...

Thank you Kim, Greenbean, Lonewolf, Madhavan, Passioncity :)

I was trying to charge myself up for the day. And needless to say, it was a long tough day for me.

I had tons of work to do and had to meet up with other department heads.

But that is precisely why i have been employed..so might as well wear out than rust out.

10:01 PM, December 13, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home