Name:
Location: India

There is so much to me, and yet i have such a longlong way to go. I am still discovering myself...everyday i will tell u something more about me

Friday, December 16, 2005

fruitseller child

Yesterday when i was on my way to work, i saw a fruit cart with a fruitseller who was so different.

This fruitseller was a little girl about five years. Sitting in the midst of all fruits you can barely see her face. It was evident her father had kept her as a replacement while he was away. The little girl just sat there numb doing nothing in particular like a precious doll. She had short hair and a black hairband on her head. She was wearing a sweater to keep her warm and her hands were folded around her chest.

Her face was so expressionless. I wonder what she was thinking. I wonder what she was looking at. I could see her staring at the fruits.

I saw all this in two seconds when my rick passed the stall. I dont know if this image is for real. Becoz i dont remember where is saw this image..on which road or street. I dont even remember if this was on my way to work or back.

Yet i remember the little girl sitting on a high stool, in the midst of fruits all staked up taller than her.I remember the look on her face. It was calm and unassuming. A lost look. A content look.

Her day had begun.

10 Comments:

Blogger Lone Wolf said...

Welcome back Anu. I would hate to add anything to your beuatiful post so I won't but this. Based on this and the last post. You have alot of clarity when it comes to the awarness of yourself and what you see. You explain things in a way that is fresh and right to the point. You see things for how they are. You don't cover reality up with all kinds of extra bullshit. You tell it how it is and I enjoy that about you.

11:40 AM, December 16, 2005  
Blogger Shals said...

Hey Anu !!

Its feels so nice to read what you write.

I particularly liked what you wrote about your crush. I am eager to know what happend. Did you guys talk ? Did you go out?? I hope you did.....

Keep writing sweets, for whatever reasons that you do........

Cheers
Shals

11:59 AM, December 16, 2005  
Blogger anu said...

Thank you lonewolf :)

Shals ;-)he did not reply to my sms so i stopped hounding him. End of love story *sad smile*

9:28 PM, December 16, 2005  
Blogger Jeff said...

That's a nice visual Anu...

10:22 PM, December 16, 2005  
Blogger anu said...

:) Thanks Jeff

11:02 PM, December 16, 2005  
Blogger madhavan said...

so back you comeO after a full circle of life-ecstasy, crushes, depressions, renunciations, blog sacrifices and now objective contemplation of fruit sellers and watchmen...there's a word for it, let me think...yes, it's called NUTS. :)

11:59 PM, December 16, 2005  
Blogger anu said...

haha :) Madhavan
yes i am a nut..
and a difficult nut to crack ;-)

12:07 AM, December 17, 2005  
Blogger Real-E said...

I think you painted a brilliant picture. India seems like such a fascinating land and I hope to see it one day.

Thanks for visiting my blog, and I hope that you visit again.

Are you still practicing Eskrima?

2:21 AM, December 17, 2005  
Anonymous Gemini Girl said...

wow. i like "precious doll"... uve written beautifully.

3:00 AM, December 17, 2005  
Blogger anu said...

Real-e - India is so fascinating, as is anu ;-)
I am not practising Eskrima now. I used to four years ago. I am very passionate about martial arts. And i love reading about it in the blogs - personal experiences. I once wanted to be a monk in a shaolin temple:-) thats how serious i was about it. Maybe i will look for classes in Bombay, i am so inspired by you people.

gemini girl - she was really a precious doll. i will paint her face and upload it soon :)

11:10 AM, December 17, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home