Name:
Location: India

There is so much to me, and yet i have such a longlong way to go. I am still discovering myself...everyday i will tell u something more about me

Saturday, December 17, 2005

anu and the squirrel

I saw a squirrel
climbing the tree

nibbling the wood
and the leaves

it was alone
and so was i

but there is a difference
between the squirrel and me

i think i have more brains
than the squirrel

i know financial modelling
and have learnt martial arts

i can draw and paint
and can write a blog

squirrel knows nothing much
other than nibbling the leaves and wood
and jumping from this tree to the other

but the squirrel seemed content
and at ease with itself

and i am conscious of
my lonliness and uneasiness

the squirrel is okay to be alone
and does not whine and cry

i miss being in love
and fret and fuss about it

yes there is a big difference
between the squirrel and me

squirrel is one with nature
aware of its beauty
and is in a state of bliss

i feel your energy squirrel
i feel your joy and focus
i see how you go about your day
with passion and love and mindfulness

you have no internet
you have no blog
yet you are never bored

you fill your day with
meaningful adventures
all about mud, trees, leaves
tiny insects, bugs and grass

how can you be so much
with so little squirrel,

when i have so much around me
and yet i am so little.

7 Comments:

Blogger Blue Athena said...

Over from Madhavan's.

I like this juxtaposition of the self and the squirrel. And the cognizability of the self.

In today's time, contentment sure doesn't come easy! :)

3:50 PM, December 17, 2005  
Blogger Michael said...

Hi Anu!

Maybe Zen is all about relearning how to be a squirrel.

9:17 PM, December 17, 2005  
Blogger anu said...

Athena - its never enough :)

Michael - so well said Michael :)maybe it is time to unlearn everything once again.

12:13 AM, December 18, 2005  
Blogger bloomiegirl said...

i love this poem! i want to learn a martial art too, not sure which one is right for me though...can you put some of your paintings on your blog? you can see my artwork at this blog--blue

1:57 PM, December 18, 2005  
Blogger anu said...

Blue hugs :)That is a great picture on your profile.

If you can visit a couple of martial art classes in your town and watch them train, you will get a fair idea of how well you can connect to it.

That will help you decide which one is most suitable for you.

Two oil paintings got washed in the rains.I had wrapped it in paper and becoz of the humidity the paper stuck on them and they got spoilt. sigh.

I have two glass paintings which i took a picture of and scanned it. It is in the blog under the links section. Here i post the link:
www.oilsnbrushes.blogspot.com

I checked out your site blue. I left a comment there too. I love your paintings. I think they are awesome.

10:51 PM, December 18, 2005  
Blogger greenbean said...

Magnificient expression of your inner self - poetry in motion.Keep writing Anu.:-) lol..

7:58 AM, December 20, 2005  
Blogger anu said...

Greenbean thanks and tons of hugs and kisses :)

12:18 PM, December 23, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home